Nikon D300

kirk_schroll

<p>Hello Everyone,<br>

I just picked up a Nikon D300 and having a little trouble with it. I can shoot pictures with it but, they won't write to my CF card and I can't get them to preview on the LCD screen on the back. Wondering if I need certain settings or what exactly am I doing wrong. I tried the card in my D70 and it works fine. Any help would be appreciative. Thanks</p>

<p>When I looked at the images on the laptop, I can faintly see the object I'm shooting. On the top screen on the camera(by the shutter release button), there is a "gauge" that reads +.......0......- It's flashing and all the way over to the negative symbol. I'm not sure what it is for, I've checked all the settings and can't seem to get it to zero </p>

<p>I guess it's time for a full RESET, not just the 2-button type. It might equally have the internal exposure compensation set, the one that doesn't show up on any dial or gauge. It's on menu b6. It's only <strong>+</strong> or <strong>-</strong> 1EV, but you should have it on zero until you might want to change it yourself at a later date.</p>