Raw + JPEG desirable with A7R?

In some cameras the zoom-in review only works properly if one captures in Raw + JPEG and not just Raw only, since the small JPEG

that is captured by default with Raw is of low resolution. I have acquired a Sony A7r to use with some old Leica lenses. I will experiment

with it but does anyone know whether it works in that way or can I just select Raw only and still be able to get a proper image review? I

prefer to take Raw and develop in Lightroom.

Thanks

Philip

<p>With both in-camera cases, you are relying on camera settings and processing to provide the review image before and after the image file is recorded. The LCD and VF image is the result of settings for Creative Style, Contrast, Sharpness, White Balance and Saturation made in the in-camera menu. With those five menu settings you'll get 2000 and many more different in-camera changed views of that single Raw file.</p>

<p>When a pair of files is produced, only the processed JPEG file shows the effect of those in-camera settings. The Raw image files are identical whether recorded alone or with a secondary JPEG file. I typically record both files when I want an immediate file to transmit. Selected Raw files can be processed later. Your choice here.</p>