D7100 shutdown

marcantel

<p>Was shooting wildlife in fied today and my D7100 shutdown completely no power, no green light and on off switch did nothing. about a minute or two later everything came back on and normal,but it did this twice.I do have a battery grip attached w/extra AA batteries.Does anyone have an idea of what's happining. Thanks Danny</p>

<p>It could be anything, Danny, but it's not difficult to try using the camera without the grip to eliminate it as a cause. </p>

<p>If the fault can be traced to the grip, and it's a third party clone as opposed to an original Nikon MB-D15, then suspect an intermittent connection somewhere possibly dirty/oxidized battery contacts. </p>

<p>This used to happen me to frequently until I figured it out. The problem was in the 20-pin connector in the grip. I had a Nikon grip that was out of warranty and required a new connector. Make sure the wheel that you turn to connect the two pieces is as tight as you can get it.</p>

<p>As Michael suggests, take the battery out of the grip and just use the grip with nothing in it. It will still fire the camera but you cannot move the focus point with the controller on the grip. That way, you'll know what's up.</p>