Wristwatch photographing camera?

<p>What would camera would suit photographing wriswatches:</p>

<p>- to take product shots in a light tent in day light<br>

- wristwatch face should fill the whole picture area<br>

- focal length should be as 100 mm ... 200 mm in 35 mm format because of light tent<br>

- no need for integrated flash, flash sync would be nice<br>

- possibility to use polarizing filter would be nice<br>

- results would be used in internet, so no need for extra pixels<br>

- price around 500 USD</p>

<p>Looking forward for your kind ideas!</p>

<p>I doubt if the Olympus macro 60mm would meet your requirement for a narrow angle of view to have camera outside the light tent ....<br>

My first suggestion is an older Panasonic FZ50 [ s/h around US250<US$450 Amazon] and a two dioptre CU lens [ B&H about US$17 last time I looked .. cost me $25 when I bought ] <br>

The narrow angle of the 430mm lens and two dioptre [ 500mm ]will give you a working distance of between 20 and 13 inches with a subject 38mm across filling the sensor at 13 inches.<br>

Alternatively and rather more expensive* a MFT with the 14-140 zoom and a four dioptre CU lens ... though using an older lens [ 35mm film camera type ] such as a 135mm with an MFT to M42 adaptor [ as I have :-) ] could also do the job meeting all your requirements [ or MFT to EOS if it was a Canon lens , there are also adaptors for Nikon and other makes ]<br>

Basically becuase of the light tent you need a longer lens and a means of getting it to focus moderately close, around a foot /300mm, while using the longer focal length to achieve the narrow angle of view for a tight fraaming of the subject .... the 60mm is effectively a 120mm Angle of View on MFT but from my dissapointment when using my 14-140 with only a two dioptre I would suggest you need a two diooptre for a 430 lens and a four dioptre for the 140mm lens .... which I now have :-)<br>

Not going in close but shooting from 'afar' [ 12 inches / 300mm ] has been my prefered way or working for some time since I left the 50mm lens of my SLR [ with extension tubes and bellows ] and went digital with long zooms of the bridge camera. I do not have any experience with current super-zooms but with their around 1000mm AoV lenses I imagine they would come close to your requirements with just a two dioptre CU lens ... attached with tape if they do not have a filter thread ... buy a CU lens whose outer diameter matches whatever lens you use. <br>

Side note, I recently got a pair of extension tubes for MFT and they enable me to get "part of the watchface' but from <strong>very close</strong> ... so I doubt if I will use them ... an experiment to gain knowledge but not for me :-) <br>

*Though Olympus E-PL-1's are going for about the same or less on the S/H market.</p>