Is this a good price for a used D800? (Issue Resolved)

opa_diallo1

<blockquote>

<p>The lowest legitimate price I have found lately is higher than hat I paid one & two years ago, closer to $ 2997 (US).</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Tom, you have answered your own question.</p>

<p>Nikon USA has offered a $300 rebate a number of times on the D800 since the latter part of 2012, after the initial D800 shortage had subsided. While there is no such rebate at this time, there is no way I would pay the full $3000 price on a DSLR that is over two years old. Used or refurbished are much better options.</p>

<p>Another example is that my local camera store occasionally has sales. Before they used to pay the sales tax (> 8% here in California). Recently, you get 10% off, not in cash but you can get other mechanize from the store for that amount. In other words, $2700 or so is a more realistic price for a new D800 now. You just need to wait for opportunities.</p>

<p>A demo should have full warranty. I bought my 20mm f/2.8 AF-D as a demo. It was in like new condition but I knew it was in the store for a few years really. I came and saw the same lens several times myself. However, I had a problem with the aperture not stopping down later on and Nikon fixed it for me under the 5 years warranty no question asked. </p>

<p>I updated the thread subject per request from the OP.</p>

<p>The problems I had with Adorama from over 20 years ago were rather minor. However, such memories do linger. My recent experience with them is much better, and that is why I was a bit surprised the OP had this problem. Now it sounds like just some honest mistake. Adorama has clearly made an effort to provide excellent customer service, and that is why Helen is here to help us.</p>