<p>My neighbor and myself both have Nikon D90's, he just returned from a trip to Montana and found he was unable to transfer his images from his SD cards to a Mac laptop. I offered to try with my PC, my PC recognizes the files but rejects the JEPG image saying something is missing and is incompatible. We tried using the cord Nikon provides for transfer from camera to computer using Nikon View. We tried Nikon transfer as well, nothing. We can view the photos in his camera on the rear screen. <br>

I also tried Photo Shop 5 and Corel, neither one will open the images on the SD cards.<br>

Anyone have any suggestions???<br>

Thank you,<br>

Gene T.</p>

<p> </p>

<p><em>"We can view the photos in his camera on the rear screen. "</em><br>

Sorry to hear that. The images you viewing on the camera rear monitor is not the actual image the camera is recorded, they are a small .jpg images, the camera creating for viewing only. Try some recovery software, you my have some luck. Montana is a beautiful place and I wish you, to have some luck to able to recover those files, images.</p>

<p>Hi Gene<br>

To help debug your problem having the exact error message is helpful as well as the exact way you are attempting to do the transfer, from camera? from card reader and which card reader? etc.<br>

<br />Note that newer cards SDHC and SDXC cards to not work on SD only card readers. Here is a link that describes the compatibility: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2520/~/sd%2Fsdhc%2Fsdxc-specifications-and-compatibility<br>

Not sure the above is your issue yet hope it helps and if not please provide more details so forum members can better target suggestions. Just a thought.</p>

<p>One thing that SD cards have is a little switch that makes them read-only. I'd engage that switch right away while you're horsing around with various options. Also, in addition to trying all these apps, you might see whether the Mac Finder can see the files. If so, copy them to a folder on your internal drive, and do all experiments with that copy.</p>

<p>The suggestion to use a card reader is a good one. Many Macs have an SD card reader built in, or you can buy one for $10 or so.</p>

<p>I want to thank all those that responded to my question, but at this point I feel like just a messenger. My friend and neighbor two doors away called this morning and announced all was well with his images. It seems according to what I gather from his description the file names were in duplicate. He went to the end of the file listing on the memory card and started opening files as opposed to starting at the beginning. He said the file names were in duplicate, all images are present when opening them from the end rather than the beginning.<br>

I am still scratching my head on this but have no doubt what neighbor says is working, next time I am at his house I will ask to look at his camera settings. </p>