Got a tiny bit of water in some of the side buttons of my D200

dylan_seeger

<p>Hi!<br>

I just bought a Nikon D200, and while I was picking up my (almost empty) glass of water, a few droplets of water flew onto the camera, and wedged themselves into the play button and menu button. I tried getting it out with a Q-tip, and I'm not sure how successful I was.<br>

It really was just a couple of tiny droplets of water, but I'm obviously worried. Should I be?</p>

<p>I'd suggest searching the web for a tear-down of any camera or electronics in general. The design of many current, electronic devices precludes problems with trace amounts of water. While not waterproof most devises should work normally. Not guaranteed but generally highly reliable.<br>

<br />I'd guess the most vulnerable portion of a camera is the lens mount. Plus, dousing in water so don't wash in the kitchen sink!</p>

<p>Joe</p>

<p>What Owen and Bela said - rubbing it dry was probably already enough. Leave it to dry normally in a well aspirated room, and stop worrying. No blowdryers, no vacuum cleaners.<br>

Remember this is a weathersealed camera, designed to deal with seriously bad weather and heavy day-to-day professional use. A few drops of water really won't be too big a problem. Both my D300 and D700 took (a lot) more than a few drops, and both continue to work fine (after runnbing them dry and leaving them for about a day to dry in a well-aspirated room). And my D80 in heavy rain also survived... these are tools made to be used, after all.</p>