Query re Zorki 4 shutter release-ring positions

jt991

<p>My newly bought 1966 "vintage" Zorki 4 (6661***) has three markers around the shutter release ring - whereas images found on the web of others show only two. (Perhaps the third, if screen-printed has rubbed off ?) On mine, a black dot in the centre; with different cyrillic characters on either side. From on-line Instruction-Book reproductions (e.g. Butkus) I learnt that the right and left characters are the positions to align the ring's marker for advancing/rewinding the film (push down & turn the ring apparently). But what happens when the ring's marker is aligned with that mid-way black dot ?<br>

I may be wrong surmising that only owners of the same Zorki 4 series* will know the answer, but this is a definite case of my needing to know !<br>

* The numbers on the dials are engraved, the Zorki logo (in Cyrillic script) on the front screen-printed.</p>

<p>Mine (silkscreened latin front and shutter speeds) has no markers around the rewind ring around the shutter; so sorry, I can't help. - I doubt the Russians develaoped a "don't tear the film out of the cartridge!" - friction clutch with a predictable markerable point, so I have really no idea what the point on your camera might mean.</p>

<p>You'll notice the black dot between the "<strong>п</strong>" ( for перемотка, or "Rewind" ) and the "<strong>д</strong>" (I assume for да, or "yes" )<br /> is actually the indicator stopping point for the advance/rewind shutter button's selector collar. You'll notice my Zorki-4 has a small dimple on the top of the selector collar ( black paint has worn off on my camera) which aligns with the black dot between the <strong>п</strong> and the <strong>д</strong>. That black dot between the the two letters is actually the indicator for the <strong>д</strong> or "Advance" position, since you cannot turn the collar anti-clockwise beyond this 6-o'clock position; and this is most likely why the "<strong>д</strong>" is painted red. <br /> You will also notice that the rewind selector collar MUST be turned clockwise all the way PAST the "<strong>п</strong>" mark until it clicks and lowers into its proper position ( around the 11 o'clock position) to allow rewinding film. <br /> IMPORTANT : If you fail to fully turn the selector clockwise to its stopping position, the film transport spool will not release and allow rewinding of film - you will wind up with stripped film sprocket holes and/or broken film. <br /><br /> </p>

<p><em>(<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/ebanator/sets/72157646147109561/">Click here to see more pics of my Zorki-4</a>)</em></p><div>00cqoa-551331984.thumb.jpg.529e83cb7045699b9f60762cb947aabc.jpg</div>