Leica M Edition 60: 'Pure Photography' as the Df should have been done?

sunray1

<p>To me, the build quality of Leica's are obvious, beautiful, admirable, testaments to mans ability to improvise on static design, but where the disconnect happens for me is this compulsion to hoard, shelf, or collect an item that is so obviously engineered to be used, and used hard. I mean, of all things? Also, build quality like this should garner more money. Am I whining? Yes. If there were a reasonable cost, I'd be in there like most of you, of course not everybody is enthralled with a Leica, When I hold one, I have to admit I am, they're marvelous.</p>

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I'm to late for this forum posting, but, I agre with the person, I quote below.<br>

<em>"I shoot regularly with an M3/2/4, and I understand what you're saying about putting the money towards film/tape, but sometimes you just don't want to or don't have the luxury to shoot with film. Typically, though, the digital shooting experience bores the hell out of me. True, my 5dIII is very usable, cost-effective and produces great images. But it's like shooting with an accountant. There's no soul in the process (no offense to accountants and/or their souls).</em><br>

<em>This camera seems to me almost the closest you can come to the film shooting experience while still using a digital sensor (and all the conveniences therein). The only way I'd improve this camera is by adding an advance lever to recharge the shutter. :)</em><br>

<em>That, and shaving 85% off the price tag, of course."</em></p>

<p>I'm to late for this forum posting, but, I agre with the person, I quote below.<br>

<em>"I shoot regularly with an M3/2/4, and I understand what you're saying about putting the money towards film/tape, but sometimes you just don't want to or don't have the luxury to shoot with film. Typically, though, the digital shooting experience bores the hell out of me. True, my 5dIII is very usable, cost-effective and produces great images. But it's like shooting with an accountant. There's no soul in the process (no offense to accountants and/or their souls).</em><br>

<em>This camera seems to me almost the closest you can come to the film shooting experience while still using a digital sensor (and all the conveniences therein). The only way I'd improve this camera is by adding an advance lever to recharge the shutter. :)</em><br>

<em>That, and shaving 85% off the price tag, of course."</em></p>