Fuji X-T1 odd looking image

lwg

<p>Tim, I'm glad at least one person can see the artifacts in the image. I was beginning to think I was blind. Or everyone else was blinded by Ken Rockwell's name.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Thus proving the Krockwellian corollary to Godwin's Law: Any thread that mentions Ken Rockwell is a troll thread. Even if the OP didn't consciously intend it as trolling, any mention of Ken Rockwell converts any thread into a troll thread that devolves into a flame war.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I have now learned this lesson and I'm sorry I started the thread.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>As proof to the Krochkwellian corollary, I am happy to defend KR too. Personally I think it is BS that he confuses beginners and if he does it is the beginner fault anyway. I was a beginner once, probably still am. I find KR provocative but that provocation is helpful in encouraging people to think more deeply about photography - why is he often going against the conventional wisdom of the internet?</p>

<p>I find it even more objectionable that people criticise his photography and then say that proves he knows nothing about equipment. His photos are just a matter of taste. Some I like, some I don't like. But just because you don't like his stuff doesn't actually prove anything. He has won awards, prizes and his photos show that he know how to use his equipment in a technical sense.</p>

<p>I suspect that there is a lot of envy around the fact that he has turned his opnions into a financial success, while the rest of us are not getting sufficient recongnition for our opinions, which obviously must be better than his.</p>

<p>There is a saying that the only drive stronger than the human sex drive is the drive to offer one's opinion. Clearly the fact that he is getting financial recognition for his opinion bugs a lot of people out there.</p>

• 3 months later...
<p>Te image looks over-sharpened to me. However reading "how-to" links at KR site, he argues his photography is not a representation of reality. Reality is 3D and photography 2d. Sometimes BW what is not real for sure. KR tries to make art, and art has no limits. You like an artistic expression or not. I agree.<br /> Regarding Fuji X-T1 I'm interested in get one. I have checked a lot of sites reading pros and cons of the camera an X system, but some of them have crappy images (to my view) that even make me think it is a not worthy camera.<br /> KR review has images that makes me keep the interest in this camera and understand it is not the camera, but the viewer, the light.<br /> I only shoot JPEG and make minor post processing. Think Fuji X is the most suitable system for my style right now.</p>