Windows tablet as a wacom input device?

I'm in the market for a windows tablet and want to use a Wacom stylus in my desktop workflow. This has led me to consider a

windows tablet that has a decent stylus, the idea is that with a program like team view or remote desktop I can use the tablet as a

wacom type input device.

Does any one have any experience with this concept? The end goal is just to dodge and burn with a stylus. My main

worries are latency related, I would be using a local connection.

Any thoughts welcome,

Thanks

John

<p>The only ones that really can act as a Wacom stylus are the Surface Pro models of Microsoft - the series 1 and 2 actually have a Wacom digitizer, the latest Surface Pro 3 a similar device. All others are not pressure sensitive, and I think this is something you explicitely want.<br>

Now, these aren't specifically cheap, but they are full-fledged PCs. So this does open another option, and that would be to use one of these with you normal screen "cloned" as second display (and hence use the tablet as your workhorse).</p>

<p>Otherwise, good as remote desktop options have become, there is always this little latency. I think especially with eye-hand coordination, this is really hugely annoying. So, personally I wouldn't go down that road, and depending on needs go for a really cheap tablet and a simple Wacom device, or go for the Surface Pro 3 and use that as my main system (but it's far from cheap).</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

if you want to do this , the windows tablet need a digitizer Module . not only the stylus , so just buy a small lovely affordable drawing monitor tablet such as XP-Pen Artist 12 Pen Display .

Display Area 11.6-inch

Pressure Sensitivity 8192 levels

Colors 72% of Adobe NTSC Wide Color Gamut

Resolution 1920 X 1080

Visual Angle 178°

Response Time 25 ms

Input Signal USB Type-C / Included Link & Cables

Weight 2.1 lbs

Artist Display 12- xp-pen

Artist Display 12-XP-Pen Official Store