D7100

fotolopithecus

<p>Hey guys, I'm on the verge of buying a D7100. It'll be an upgrade for me, it'll replace my D300s. But I too worry about upgrades. I know that as soon as I take delivery or shortly thereafter Nikon will announce the D400 which would be the ideal upgrade of the D300s for me. But, I'm gonna roll the dice and get the D7100 and hope it lasts for a long, long time. I'm retired now and don't have the income I once did and that helped make the buying decision to get the D7100.</p>

<p>No one who actually knows something about future products is allowed to say, they're under non-disclosure agreements.</p>

<p>I got the D7100 a little while ago as in one year its price had fallen from 1200€ to 900€. If a new, substantially improved model comes out, it will most likely be more expensive as well. The only "flaw" I can find with the D7100 is its small buffer. From what I understand, the D7100 has sold very well and without any doubt there will be a new model along the same concept. When that happens, and whether it really solves the buffer issue remains to be seen. Nikon has been very protective of the D4(s) market recently, making every less expensive model feature significant omissions that the high fps action shooter is likely to notice and be annoyed by (occasionally). However, if you accept the D7100's buffer limitation and shoot at a more measured pace, it is a great, well designed camera that is excellent value in my opinion.</p>

<p>Hi Bruce, <br>

Out of curiosity, what is the 7100 missing? Truth is there will always be an "upgrade"...Unless....you wanna wait 'til the 7200 comes out and the price drops on the 7100...You could save enough to pick up a new lens as well....<br>

Just thinking out-loud...<br>

Warren</p>