How do achive this effect in PhotoShop?

pashminu

<p>I recently came across this photograph taken with Canon EOS 5D Mark II; f/2.8 ISO 400 and Shutter: 1/20<br>

I want to achieve similar effect in my own photographs.</p>

<hr>

<i>Moderator note: Please provide a link to the photo. Photo.net policy prohibits attaching or uploading photos that the member did not create him/herself.</i>

<p>Hi John,<br>

1. i am referring to the highlighted effect on the right hand side of the image. That renders the final image like a stock image.</p>

<p>2. I have Canon EOS 6D + 50mm f/1.8 + 24-105mm f/4 lens along with Adobe PhotoShop CS6.</p>

<p> </p>

Take care: if that other photographer hasn't granted you permission to post the photo on your site, it's as illegal as uploading it to PNet.<br><br>You can get clean whites and fresh looking tones by overexposing a little bit. Make sure the main subject is exposed correctly though. The best way to achieve that is by having control over the light illuminating the scene. The bit that has to look a bit 'washed out' will have to receive more light. Or do the opposite using filters. But selective filtering can be rather difficult.<br>But with some trickery and minor magic it could be done in post processing. Select the areas you want lighter, make them lighter and reduce the saturation a bit. The hardest bit is selecting the bits you want to lighten without creating obvious borders between that area and the one you want to leave untouched.