W/NW - Pic-o'-the Week 19

<p>Mamiya 7ii, No meter</p>

<p>I love using rangefinders for night photography. I took a version of this photo a year ago on my M6 but wanted more resolution and a slightly longer exposure. I had to wait for a syzygy of events that took a whole year to get right:</p>

<ol>

<li>It had to be a full moon</li>

<li>It had to be on a weekend because this train runs just a bit later on the weekend</li>

<li>Winter so that the moon would be above 45 degrees before the train stopped running</li>

<li>There could not be another train parked on the track where I setup, which very frequently caused me to miss opportunities</li>

<li>This is an active industrial area and there could be no large trucks entering the frame, which frequently happened through the multi-minute exposures.</li>

</ol>

<p>In that year the lighting changed and made the scene a little more saturated than before. You can see from the Vortex of star trails that the image is to the due north.</p>

<p><em>(Note: I just had four of my images stolen this week and copyrighted by someone else. This has been resolved, but I will be copyrighting all of my images posted here. Lesson learned.)</em></p>

<p>To see a bigger version of this image please click <strong><a href=" Vortex

<p> </p><div>00cZdJ-548124084.jpg.0c0001c80a863a9c780504a7ad1880e8.jpg</div>