Multi Stroboscopic Flash for Dummies

hjoseph7

<p>How many of you use or have used the Multi Stroboscopic Flash feature of your Canon speed light(if available) in the last 2 months ? I have never used it myself, but I'm guessing this is a feature that photographers asked for, or it would have never been implemented. <br>

I have a Canon 580EX II, a 550EX and a Metz 58-AF1 which all have this feature, but I have never used it. First of all the Canon manual does not do a good job of explaining this feature. I mean why would I use a particular shutter speed over another one and why would I use a certain frequency HZ over another ?<br>

To me this is not a must-have feature, but nevertheless it is good to know in case you run into a situation where you might want to use it for creative purposes or whether a client is asking for it. Does anybody have a simple explanation on how best to use this feature ? <br>

<br>

</p>

Harry, by the responses here, there seems to be little interest in the stroboscopic subject. Continuing where I left on my

previous post, I just learned a couple things reading the article in this link:

http://people.rit.edu/andpph/text-digital-stroboscopy.html

1) (Some) film cameras were able to keep the shutter open while rewinding the film, allowing to displace the

photographed subject within the frame,

2) As digital cameras don't have a "moving" sensor, the effect can be achieved by rotating the camera while doing the

stroboscopic exposure.

Certainly a complex process, but worth giving a try.