Software compatability with new Macs

Just want to check before shopping for a new iMac or Mac mini if anyone knows if the following software is

compatible with the current Mac system:<p>

1) Nikon Scan 4 (for Nikon 9000 ED and Nikon IV ED)<br>

2) Canon DPP RAW converter for the first version 5D<br>

3) Epson 3800 driver<br>

4) Photoshop CS4 Extended<p>

Also, looks like the Epson driver is downloadable from their website (?), not sure about Canon DPP for the (5D 1st

version). I have at least temporarily misplaced the software discs for those.<p>

One last question... Would Adobe Bridge software be on a separate disc or is it included on the Photoshop CS4

Extended disc?

<p>So far as I am concerned, I consider the latest VueScan to be an improvement over most original software. The problem is the physical connection. Old USB is molasses through a straw, SCSI is not there any more, you get the idea.</p>

<p>I'm using Canon's camera software on occasion with no problem. Mostly use Bridge and PS CS5.5ex, and no problems there either, even on my cylinder Mac Pro with Mavericks.</p>

<p>Depends on your Mac and OS-X. Nikon Scan stopped working several version of OS-X ago so Vuescan or Silverfast are the choices. Vuescan is a generic app for a wide range of scanners and Sliverfast makes a version specific to each scanner brand/model and has color calibration tools for specific films. Vuescan is cheap, Silverfast isn't.</p>

<p>As for Adobe CS PS apps, some machines run older versions and some don't. Mine opens CS4 PS but won't open any file, but all versions from CS PS5 and later work, but not all version of CS5/5.5 apps work. I just run CS6 and CC apps anymore. I stopped using Canon's suite of app after EOS utility stopped being updated for OS-X 10.8 and later systems.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Depends on your Mac and OS-X. Nikon Scan stopped working several version of OS-X ago</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I was just at the Apple store today asking about going to a later version. I have Snow Leopard now. What's the last version Nikon Scan will work with?</p>

<p>Good question. Nikon only says they stopped development on their software around OS-X 10.5 and everything after that is luck, but my version stopped at 10.6 and moving from a Mac G5 to a Pro which necessitated getting Silverfast who keeps their software current with the latest version of OS-X. Vuescan (also have) is a good option for the price, but you will notice a difference between the two, in both operation and features. </p>

Just got the new mac today and it's running OS 10.9.4.

I'm wondering which of these software programs that may be compatible with it will also be compatible with the new Yosemite OS that's supposed to come out in the fall.

I can download the Canon DPP updater to mac OS 10.9.4, but there is no original DPP software for 10.9.4 on the Canon website, apparently. I misplaced the original disc.

Have not yet found a Photoshop CS4 or CS4 Extended from Adobe that I can download. I have the original DVD disc,

so maybe I need a device that will load DVDs to the Mac?