Photography and OCD

<p>I think...<br>

Have to recalibrate the monitor...<br>

Hell, a stuck pixel. Let me map it out...<br>

Okay, almost have the mouse pad lined up...<br>

Jesus, I left the printer door open...<br>

Did someone mess with my Wacom? It's tilted!...<br>

Almost there. Just need to count the USB ports again...</p>

<p>Black point, black point, black point, shadow detail, shadow detail, shadow detail, arched curve, arched curve, arched curve...</p>

<p>BAM! IT POPS!...Uh-Oh...tweak white balance, tweak, tweak, tweak (had to re-edit post to add extra "tweak")...gotta' get away from the computer...make some coffee...come back...WHAT WAS I THINKING?! ARRRGH!</p>

Hey Sanford. Neurotics and borderline psychotics make up the artistic fraternity. ( Van Gogh is great even with a fetish to self multilate) If the urge to capture all meals and all nuances of our mugs on film, why then it can become a compulsion. Like collecting old cameras. We all knew that photography used to be just chemistry and luck, right? Ever since the craft became collectible art and got into the fancies of the common herd, it soon enough became a pathology. Nothing that is not a pathology is very interesting. Take your NW forum. Some folks track down barstools. Some toilets. Some matchboxes from old bistros. Soup cans. One lady's OCD is tuned to another's aspiration. It makes for a very agreeable alliance and some wild and crazy cocktail conversation. I am not sure what I would say to Warhol in person. Do you?

<p>Shouldn't it really be called, "CDO?" (OCD in alphabetical order.)<br>

As for do photographers have it, maybe some. I'm more the opposite though, with ADD (analog digital disorder.)</p>

<p>Kent in SD</p>