re: don't want to over kill

crob2go

<p>I'm putting my website on line again and my question is this. As a photographer I made 7 categories for my website. What number of photos in a category would be overkill and entirely unnecessary in your opinion. Thank you for all answers. C-Rob</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Depends on how they are displayed, in my opinion. Also consider how much work you will be making the visitor do to see the photos. If it is a photo slideshow you could put a good number up with out using up screen real estate.<br /> <br />Will there be thumbnails that must be clicked on to view or will you display the shots larger? Samll thumbnails and clicking on a hundred shots can get old and a visitor tire of mouse clicking vs maybe a short scroll down of 10 medium size shots laid out side by side. A lot depends on your layout, what you are trying to sell, is it more of a portfolio page or selling a service page.</p>

<p>A lot of photos or just a few really good ones is up to you, just so the layout looks good, is easy to navigate and represents what you want the site to be about is important.</p>

<p>I suggest looking at sites that are already out there, find the ones that knock your socks off with a great layout and take notes.</p>

Cheers, Mark

• 4 weeks later...
<p>Mark thanks for your comment. I really came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter, it's all in the hands of the viewer. If you have a lot of photos the viewer can always stop when he wants, if you have a few it may not be enough to show case your work. In ending I would say more is better. Thanks again Mark I appreciate....Craig</p>