Followup: Loss of enjoyment or?

<p>Further to my earlier response have since been in consultation with my family practioner and my psychiatrist, in conference with me.<br>

My past reflects my future. Aways tend to "burn-out" myself when engaging in activities and employment. Two seperate employment positions, the later my employment was terminated with an early pension buyout.<br>

An increased change of litium for my manic condition; as well as other medication adjustments. Advised to obtain and retain an animal of choice (have done so, healthy 14 year old rescue cat); and a helper/attendant to assist me in removing the physical and metal detrimus of my life. A one to one advisor who I meet alternate days at my residence. Intended to clear out what i carry as physical baggage and in so doing assist my mental baggage problem. Have discovered too any one of us could be termed a fanatic if our entire being is engaged in one similar activity if it aligns with our daily employment. My daily employment involved photograph as did my hobby.<br>

May well never return to the hobby; first goal is to return to just enjoying viewing the world about me and looking and seeing what is there. If that all there is, then so be it.</p>

A cat or dog is great to have

in our lives. They just seem

to make the days better. As

far as photography as a

hobby, it's just that. You

can put the camera down and

not pick it up again unless

you want to. It's great you

are getting support and

staying on top of managing

your health. A purring cat

enjoying you scratching his

chin can be very healing.

Enjoy the moment. All the

best. Mark

Cheers, Mark

Not doing something you used to do may be distressing, but not doing something and then feeling bad about not doing it doubles the pain in a fashion. Think about that for a minute.

Everybody has a different nervous system and health situation of course....To feel better mentally, and sleep better I find that vigorous physical exercise improves mental state. Even not so vigorous exercise helps. If you are not "stretching" your body, you are not helping your mind in my opinion. Think about bicycling even. Best of fortune in working out your situation which is part of the human condition some of the time. . aloha, gs

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Sort of my own followup updated. The cat is doing fine. Something to talk and I receive responses, maybe not quite what i desire, however a response.<br>

Was in my local photographic reseller the other day to collect money for the sale of the balance of my photographic gear and the owner said "try this". Handed me one of the new Fujifilm cameras which I believe is a 4/3rds sensor layout.<br>

Lightweight, superb information in the viewfinder and maybe the way to proceed in the future. Handed it back to him and told him "nice" however what will it do for me if anything to revive my interest in photography? He advised me to keep my options open. Suggested (and he's been a Nikon man all his life) that maybe Nikon and Canon the big players have maybe lost their direction and purpose.<br>

Perhaps it is time to look elsewhere. Must admit the Fujifilms camera was light in weight, focused well and the viewfinder provided more than enough information. The lens mount is shared with Panasonic and I think one other manufacturer and the lenses have aperture rings. No more "G" glass without an aperture ring.</p>