Software that will Display your images in a Tiled Format

<p>I am looking for software that will tile images on the screen from a single folder allowing the viewer to see multiple images on one screen and permit a double click to enlarge any single image to provide more detail. any help here is appreciated.<br>

Gerry</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Do you mean like on a website? If so, Wordpress will do that with its own Jetpack plug-in. When you display a gallery of images on a page or in a post, you can select "Tiled" as the display layout. That's the easiest one I know, but there are others. Look for what they call "masonry".</p>

<p>Thanks for all the responses. More details: I will be doing a shoot at an location other than my home or office (onsite). I want to display the images on my laptop (pc) at the site for the customer to view (preferably in a tiled format as opposed to one image at a time). Not on the internet, just on my laptop. Thanks <br>

Gerry</p>

<p>You can do this with Lightroom. If you want, you can tether your camera to your laptop using LR, capture each image you shoot, and when you are done, view the images in LR's "Library" where you can view all the shots you took--double click the images you want to view more closely and they will fill your screen. LR also has a built in slide-show function where you could playback your photos from the shooting session. </p>

<p>I have heard of lots of deals on LR this holiday season if you don't own it already. You would need a USB cord to tie the PC/camera together (if you want to view them while you are shooting--otherwise just drop your media card in your reader and open in LR).</p>

<p>Irfanview. Its free. You can open any number of Irfanview programs. So you click to open four different picture files. Then minimize everything except the 4. Right click on the bottom bar and click Show Windows Side by Side. Each picture will be in a quarter of the screen. One caveat, each will contain the top and bottom bars. You can expand o full screen and of the 4 if you wish to see it bigger and then go back to the 4 on the full screen. I use windows. Don't know if this is available for Apple.</p>

<p>Looks like this.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>A latecomer addition- if you have Lightroom-<br>

Select your images in library<br>

Open the "Web" module<br>

Create an "airtight PostcardViewer" Gallery<br>

Export it to a folder , and open the index.html file to view the gallery in any browser (with Flash)<br>

The images show as thumbnails, and one mouse click enlarges the selected image. Another click back to the thumbnails.</p><div>00cF2m-544245984.jpg.57c410ca74d9475f0f2ad5ce764a8bb5.jpg</div>

<p>What the OP is possibly asking for is tiling that maintains the aspect ratio, similar to what Flickr and SmugMug do now. I, too, wanted this, and wrote my own PHP program to do it. The algorithm is kind of interesting, given the constraints: No cropping, and the left and right margins must be maintained (except for the last row). Sorry, I don't know of any apps that do this. (In some of the examples shown above, it looks like the images may have been cropped. Or, perhaps they are just all naturally 4x3. Mine, however, aren't.)</p>

<p>The example I original showed, all the pictures were 4x3. But you can have different formats. Below I cropped one of them to show how it would look. You can still open to full size any of them and then reduce it to display the 4 again or whatever number you original set it up for.. </p><div>00cFAU-544265784.jpg.5e458906e7c4cb254e75a2b1812c7345.jpg</div>

<p>PhotoMechanic for OS X or Windows is a very popular photo editor among photo agencies, PJs, and event shooters with excellent thumbnail viewing features. Its main feature is that it's wicked-fast. It's also very handy for ingest to multiple folders, batch-re-naming, IPTC data editing, etc. I think it's best-in-class for what it does.</p>