Konica Minolta Dimage A2

riz

<p>Hi,</p>

<p><strong>Konica Minolta Dimage A2</strong> is available for US$ 100.</p>

<p>Would be grateful if anyone let me know that is it feasible to buy this camera. Any feedback about this camera? And what about the Compact Flash (CF) memory card? Is it obsolete?</p>

<p>Looking forward,</p>

<p>Regards,</p>

<p>Riz</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hi,<br>

Personally, I would find $100 too much. While it (probably) was a good choice in its day, it is a 2004 camera. And in digital, 10 years is an eternity. So, not only is reliability a concern after 10 years, also the image quality (especially at ISOs beyond 400) will not look too great next to current generation cameras, even those costing $100 brand new most likely. I'd say this camera is only of interest if you're a collector, and even then $100 is still a lot of money.<br>

CF cards aren't obsolete and they are actually still used in current day high-end DSLRs. But whether this camera can deal with memory cards of 2GB and more, I cannot tell.</p>

<p>Just about the card: its not obsolete but its a lot less used than once was. The result is that they are a tad harder to find... (mostly if you need quickly a new card while traveling etc) and they tend to keep the prices a bit higher for the same size of an SD. The biggest pain in those are the contacts that are more delicate, they are pins and can be damaged. (SD cards instead can be treated much more roughly, open the case of one and pot it in epoxy: waterproof and you can jump on those and will still work)<br /> There also are adapters that will allow the use of normal SD cards in the CF card slot, the adapter can stay put in the camera so the whole pin thing is not an issue anymore. Some might be an hair slower than the SD or CF alone but in practice you would hardly realize the difference, other adapters would keep the same speed without problems... as it happens with all these kind of accessories YMMV but they are generally reliable. The adapters are inexpensive (decent ones can be had for 10-15$) so its often a good thing to buy a couple of them to have a spare in case one would fail.<br /> That said, it was a matter of being kinda anal about the difference in between the two, you could go with CF cards and never have a problem.<br>

Edit: as for the camera dealing with bigger card sizes thats something to take into consideration, although many times has been resolved through firmware so in case the specs say up to 2gb check the firmware updates that have been released to know where you stand.</p>

<p>A very good lens. A small but OK sensor on ISO 64 and 100, above that not so good. Very small LCD screen. EVF OK. Large and bulky, but hey, you've got everything in one unit. It was my first digital camera and I used it a lot. I took lot's of close-ups as the example shows. In 2004 the Dimage A2 costed as much as a Pentax K3 costs now. $100? Well...it depends. I wouldn't sell mine for that money. It is easy and fun to use, and has lots of features (for its time). A workhorse? No, definitely not.</p><div>00cWVa-547262384.jpg.05b333633d4dfdc8e00f612d6afcf8ec.jpg</div>