Light stand recommendation needed for PF B1's

sharokin_isayo2

<p>I'm looking for some quality light stands that are strong enough, yet compact, to hold Profoto B1 monolights along with modifiers like a beauty dish or mid size softboxes. I shoot mainly location portraits. <br>

Just for reference the B1 head is close to 7-LBS in addition to a beauty dish.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I like the Avenger range. A635B is a good sturdy medium weight stand. If you want a leveling leg you could step up to the A0030B or A0035B or A0040B depending on your size needs.</p>

<p>I have the A630B which I would call too small for a B1 with a softbox on location (unless it was no wind, flat ground, with sandbags), the A635B which is just right for size/weight but lacks a leveling leg, the A0040B which is bigger/sturdier and has a leveling leg and is my go-to location stand, and the A4039CS boom stand which is a heavy beast but very stable for when I use larger modifiers or in windy conditions.</p>

<p>Right now the A0040B is on sale at B&H Photo for $35 off and is probably the best value. You might think it a bit too heavy/large (4ft long, just under 10lb), but if you intend to shoot on location a lot and have a monolight and softbox you really should overbuy rather than worry about weight. I chose the A0040B over the 30/35 models for the larger footprint and better stability. Maybe you could get an A0040B and then an A635B so you've got options.</p>

<p>Here's a pic of all 4 stands side by side that I took a few weeks ago to show another friend. Left to right is A630B, A635B, A0040B, A4039CS.</p>

<p>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/sheldonnalos/CM1R3573_zps08d3ae07.jpg</p>