Canon 5D mk2, what is your shutter count?

martindomok

<p>Hello, <br>

how many pictures have you taken so far on your Canon 5D mk2? <br />Im at 176.000 (over 3 and a half years), recently got a small problem with a button inside a dial circle, it would not pop up to its original position and I was told that the whole back of the camera needs to be replaced, 122 EURO in total.<br>

Also, person at the service center mentioned that they had someone with the same body who took 750.000 pictures and his shutter was still ok, not fix or replaced. <br>

Given that, I should be fine for another may be 4-5 years? I wish... </p>

<p>@<a href="/photodb/user?user_id=1841065">JDM von Weinberg</a><br>

There is a software called EOS something that once installed and connected to the camera tells U how many times U pressed your shutter, ah well, I will repost this again when I will be at 300.000 or so. <br>

Happy shooting, <br>

Martin</p>

<p>Camera 3 1/2 years old. Estimated photographs 35 000, of which c.22 000 survive in Lightroom and the rest deleted on my computer but still survive on an external drive which holds the backups created at upload-which is where I source my data. Excluded will be photographs deleted in-camera before upload which may well be a further 10-15 000, though I haven't found it worthwhile to install software to quantify more exactly the extent to which I over-shoot, screw-up, or experiment.</p>

<p>So does that mean yours is bigger than mine?</p>

<p>What's the point of this discussion? Are comparing how many pictures we take. Counting frames is a pretty useless way to do that. In Dec. I exposed over 700 frames to get 10 that the client accepted. The first 350 were tests to make sure I could deliver exactly what she wanted, he next 250 were experiments with a new/different lighting system.</p>

<p><Chas></p>

<blockquote>

<p>What's the point of this discussion?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I think we're just having a bit of fun, Charles (which has been rather hard to do on photo.net since the OT Forum was disabled).</p>

<p>Wow, a 1/70 keeper rate!</p>

<p>I approach digital photography as I do film photography, trying to make every frame count, and hence have a (relatively) very low frame rate and a very high keeper rate (of between 1/2 and 1/3). But, then again, I'm not a professional who has to sell his images to clients, but just a rank amateur who has to please himself and his family. ;-)</p>

<p>Mark, the 1:70 keeper rate was anomalous. A huge number of shots were taken while experimenting with an entirely new lighting system, that was unsuccessful.<br>

I tell people "not to practice on paying customers" and more than half of the shots were practice on a sample so I knew what I was doing when I started real shooting for the client. Then the client didn't like the results and I had to reshoot the entire assignment.<br>

I never put in so many hours "getting it exactly right" before, but in the end the client was so pleased she gave me a large bonus. All that work paid off.<br>

<Chas><br /><br /></p>

<p>Your shutter is going to fail when it's going to fail. There isn't a "all shutters fail before xx actuations" spec. The shutter life spec is the designers spec, and has little to do with real life performance.</p>

<p>MM, that body should last forever. What's the MTBF of no moving parts ;-)</p>

<p><Chas><br /><br /></p>