Nikon Wednesday 2013: #50

Matt Laur

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Martin--<br>

Sorry to hear of your dog.<br>

Meanwhile, Canadian Pacific RR's Holiday Train, in Brookings SD. Railfan photographer using a Canon in the foreground. I tried to talk some sense into him.</p>

<p>Kent in SD</p>

<p> </p><div>00cE9o-544106984.jpg.4f7bfb819088bc6963cb9b759ca5c24f.jpg</div>

<p>Greetings from the depths of northern Ontario.<br>

For those that express things in DD/MM/YY format, today is 11/12/13! There must be <em>something</em> special 'bout that.<br>

Had the camera and the kids out at the same time this weekend. It was cold; around -13C. I thought that was nippy until I just looked at the thermometer which declares that it is -21C now at 9:25AM.<br>

Harry wanted to show how deep the snow was. For the snow to be belly deep on him means that the rest of us only need ankle boots.</p><div>00cEA7-544107684.jpg.b3c804554b59681ecf669ec2cc472d38.jpg</div>

<p>Some really wonderful shots today. <br>

Martin Z, nice shot of Slider, sorry for your friends loss.<br>

Jim Palmer, gorgeous detail you have captured in that ice.<br>

John Roswell, so nice to see Harry and Hattie again, wonderful shots.<br>

We have not had ice, but cold rain. Here is the dianthus after the rain.</p>

<p> </p><div>00cEBx-544112384.jpg.fd06de210fed7c9aade39f688487d1f9.jpg</div>

<p>Here are the first two out of my new D800E. (There has to be a story...)<br>

I purchased it two and a half weeks ago after 18 months of procrastination, worked on setting it up a bit that night, and then the next day slipped on a wet cliff and rocketed 20' down into the woods (without the camera). So, yesterday was the first day I could actually lift the camera to my eye without needing a cane for support. I got as far as the front door, opened it and stood long enough to get these two of my daughter and her 'brother' Elwood.<br>

Sad stories, again, of dogs passing. Of course it's inevitable but damn it hurts.<br>

Kent, that train passed 5 kilometres from here last week and I was housebound with the new camera. Each year I wait for just the perfect amount of fresh powder on the rails and this year the weather was perfect and I wasn't.<br>

Andy, soccer balls are rounder on the ends... ;)<br>

Birdie, near perfect, as usual.<br>

Nice shots, everyone.</p><div>00cECt-544113684.jpg.d3818c9b79b23ab816372891f8764351.jpg</div>

<p>Happy Wednesday everyone. Lovely ice pictures. I especially liked yours E.J. and Mitchell.</p>

<p>Martin, sorry to hear about Shiner. That is a lovely picture of him.</p>

<p>No real ice here in the South of the UK, but we are getting some photogenic frosts. Here's one from my journey into work this morning......</p><div>00cEDW-544114384.jpg.d583c262ba62fa37644ed80b9995f41a.jpg</div>