Featuring the Flektogon

<p>Aw shucks,</p>

<p>Here is my full complement of the Pentacon 6TL and its lenses, minus the Flektogon shown above.</p>

<p>I have seen some better results from the MIR 26B than mine gives, but my own Flektogon comes up considerably better in IQ. <a href="http://www.kievaholic.com/mediumformat.html">Kievaholics</a> says:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>The two jewels of the line (and the most sought after) are the Flektogon 50mm F4 and the Sonnar 180mm F2.8. Both are generally very good lenses and on par with (or better than) even modern offerings from major camera makers.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The same site, (<a href="http://www.kievaholic.com/LensTestsWide2/index.html">link</a>) also shows some comparisons, one of which favors the MIR, but a retest of another Flektogon is much better.</p><div>00cWLH-547220484.jpg.d5eb858ae8eb5f24d0a62581da27126d.jpg</div>

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Wow, been away for a wedding and just caught up with this thread...and oh dear, what an interesting debate...not!<br>

Personally Rick, I think that your posts are a highlight of this forum, and if you can deal with Orcs on a daily basis then Trolls will be a doddle :)<br>

Back to the lens. You have to love a lens with all that Real Estate in the front element, and I have the plain black MC version for my Pentacon Six. While it is a bit dodgy in it's construction, the optics, like yours, are excellent.<br>

I really like the tones that you got with the "bike racks" picture and even on my laptop it looks really smooth.<br>

Also, the Jaguar E-Type was just made to be shot with a wide angle..mmm..</p>

<p>You're not helping my addictions, <strong>JDM</strong> and <strong>Chauncey</strong>. I keep looking at the Mir 26B's in a contemplative sort of way. To buy one would, of course, be a totally unnecessary purchase, but when did <em>that</em> ever hold me back? Thanks <strong>Tony</strong>, I was wondering where you'd got to. Yes, there was a whiff of troll in the air, but with Peter Jackson living up the highway and James Cameron down, I'm accustomed to living dangerously. Odd, that my road should be named Underhill... "Bike Racks" is <em>my</em> pick of the pics.</p>

<p>Rick, speaking of lens personalities, I have an old weird Vivitar 28-50 Pentax mount lens that seems to always produce good images regardless of my lack of skill. It has marks on the barrel that look like somebody used a pipe wrench on it. My other lenses have a personality disorder in that they don't like being kept in the dark. {;-o Great post loved the Jaguars.</p>

<p>I've been tempted by those 30mm's, <strong>Chauncey</strong>...I have the 35mm for the Pentax 67, and while it's spectacular you're into some pronounced field curvature. Quite right, <strong>Randy</strong>, it's often the most disreputable and battered lenses that provide the nice surprises, "lesser" brands like Vivitar and Hanimex included. So many lenses, so little time...</p>