Seeing Spots - and Taks

<p>A friend knew how much I enjoyed the Spotmatic F and showed up with this black model as a gift. Then my brother brought back the Pentax 67 from Tokyo - he hauled it all around the pacific rim with a 200mm lens to bring it back to me! I finally caved in on getting the 85mm 1.9 for the Spotmatic last week. Needless to say with temps of -11 around here lately, I have cabin fever, so please excuse the indulgence. But I can't think of a group I would rather share this fun collection with than CMC forum. Hope all is well in 2014 for all. Please enjoy a couple great cameras received from a couple of special people. Cheers.</p><div>00cLUm-545157984.jpg.3cc0e48a9a2337b1a83ae398412773a7.jpg</div>

<p>Before I was a Canon shooter, I was a Nikon shooter, and before that I was a Pentax shooter.</p>

<p>Still think the basic H/S-series to Spotmatics are among the most handsome SLRs ever designed.</p>

<p>Here is one of my two (2) Asahi H2. Maybe from the two I can get one (1) working. The lens is semi-automatic, but not the original variant I had on my Heiland H2.</p><div>00cLah-545170484.jpg.c83f89bb9f449c3d24b6875704773621.jpg</div>

<p>Great collection, <strong>Steve</strong>. In the Spotmatic era I was a Pentax shooter, but fell from grace into the Canon camp. However, I redeemed myself by using the Pentax 67 system as mainstay medium format cameras for many years, a situation which persists to this day. And all the best to <em>you</em> in 2014!</p>

<p>Asahi and Honeywell Pentaxes. Screw mount, fine construction, great glass. I poured over catalogs for hours savoring everything. I used a Honeywell Pentax when I was working as a photog for a major state university in the Northwest. Think coffee. When I photographed the Dodgers in El Lay in the 1960s for a major photo news service we used mostly Nikon F's but had a fabulous Takumar 500mm f 4 lens.<br>

These cameras are never-die classics.</p>