How do I know if Mamiya RZ works?

enmerkar_zedek

<p>This may seem like an odd question. <br>

I bought an RZ67. All the buttons works, but no light comes on anywhere. Is that normal? Should there be a light or electronic display anywhere? If so, I don't know if it work or not. I haven't attempted to take pictures with it, though you can click a the shutter release. <br>

I don't know anyone here in Manila that can look at it and evaluate its function. So, any tips to verify if it is in working function would be greatly appreciated. </p>

<p>hello,<br>

here's the manual:http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/assets/files/documentation/RZ67PROII_Instr.pdf<br>

Check the battery status; there are three less at the bottom of the finder; that are activated by half depressing the shutter release.<br>

With no battery this camera will operate at only 1/400 sec.<br>

Hope this helps</p>

<p>greetings</p>

<p>enrico</p>

<p>The LEDs in the viewfinder are right at the rear edge (near you) and could be missed. If in doubt it is easier to see them with the WLF removed. With a functioning battery, the red (central) LED will illuminate even if the camera is malfunctioning. Mine was recently but the LED lit even so (I had to have the camera repaired). Be sure that the dark slide is removed and the shutter button lock is set to the white dot. At the orange dot only the 1/400 mechanical speed works.</p>

<p>Something else I bought a new prism viewfinder for this camera. Still even with that prims when looking via the viewfinder it is very 'greyish' and hard to see the details to focus. Is it supposed to be this dark or hazy inside the viewfinder? I would have thought with a prism viewfinder and one that big it would be big enough for me to notice the details when focusing and not having tot ake a wild guess even when pointing it near a lightsource.</p>

<p>Though the screen is not the brightest around, it is perfectly adequate for use even in lowish lighting levels. I have no problems with it. Could the lens be permanently stopped down?<br>

You say that the viewfinder goes dark when you press the shutter release, but that may only indicate flipping of the mirror, which drops back when you wind on. Viewing through the lens would show if the shutter is working. The only shutter speed available without a battery is 1/400 as mentioned previously.<br>

The lack of both red and orange LEDs suggests a serious malfunction.</p>

<p>I am posting again because my last one did not cause the thread to rise to the top and Enmerkar would have missed it. Anyway here are three further thoughts. <br>

Did you check the battery voltage? I have once or twice had a problem with the battery not contacting properly and appearing to be dead; test by moving the battery around in its compartment.<br>

Could it be that the lens is the RB type and not the RZ type. It might be possible for the RB shutter to fire even if there is a problem elsewhere, because the timing is contained within the lens and not controlled by the body. </p>