Washing the Foam in a Pelican Case

peter_j2

<p>Google for "Pelican foam inserts" - B&H and others offer a set for around $30 PP. Presumably that stuff is 'approved' for camera use, as opposed to foam bought at the local hobby store.</p>

<p>Given the risk of mildew and such, I think it would be worth doing. Be sure to kill anything growing in the case after you remove the old foam and before putting in the new.</p>

<p>You are going to put precious things into your Pelican Case. What did it all cost you? Why be cheap about what protects the stuff? <br>

When open cell foam goes bad, it can really mess up the equipment, <em><strong>Get the new foam</strong></em>.</p>

<p>Drew, I appreciate your comments. The cost is obviously less than what it is new. This is my third Pelican and my second used one. The case is in like new condition when compared to one of my newly purchased Pelicans. There is nothing wrong with the foam in question. I will not buy new foam when the foam is in a like new condition. Hopefully, this clarifies the condition of the case.</p>

<p>For the record, I washed the lid foam with mild liquid dishwashing detergent comprised of natural (green) ingredients.</p>