Anyone here shoot weddings with three bodies?

studio460

<p>Marc said:</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>Try to shoot at least 3 shots without changing your position so you can swap heads in Photoshop (someone always has their eyes closed, or has a sour look on their face, or is looking somewhere else).</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Excellent tip, Mark! I always keep a wide-stepped, step-stool in my vehicles (actually, two: both a one-step, and a two-step), plus I also bring a full-apple box whenever I'm shooting, though I didn't think to bring the step-stool into the church to help solve the pew problem. I'll contact the venue to inquire about post-ceremony access. Thankfully, I already have a wrangler assigned (GF's niece is BFF of bride). Thanks for all your suggestions!</p>

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the 'advantages' of the 'no formals' bride is that they dont normally have exorbinant

expectations for the formals/group shots. Even though they always cave, the demand is usually

pretty simple and straight forward. I would keep my eyes open at the site to find an area which will

work with minimal setup, and of adequate size (and with minimal distractions - ie a doable background) to accomodate the

shots. I always scope the site ahead of time personally (attending a rehearsal is a must IMO), just

remember that you WILL be pressed for time, meaning the opportunity to fetch and setup gear and

lighting will likely be minimal. If you cant be ready in less than five minutes (from when you fnd out

youll be doing them), you arent prepared enough to do those shots.

<p>This thread made me miss Nadine O'Hara and her wise, humane and experience based advice. Marcus Ian and Mark Williams I gained a lot from your patience and your advice to Ralph. Your experience shows in your replies. Ralph I think these two guys became wise through extended experience. If they were anything like me they learned from mistakes and particularly trying to stuff three pounds in a one pound bag particularly when the time line collapses. This is a great thread for anyone new to weddings. Quite a few responders have been there and done that. Ralph I wish you the best and look forward to an after-action report. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>"This thread made me miss <strong>Nadine O'Hara</strong> and her wise, humane and experience based advice. <strong>Marcus Ian</strong> and <strong>Mark Williams</strong> I gained a lot from your patience and your advice to Ralph."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Indeed.<br>

Life moves on.<br>

We are fortunate to have many talented and experienced people who donate their time here and it is good to acknowledge same.</p>

<p>WW</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Marcus said:</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>One of the 'advantages' of the 'no formals' bride is that they don't normally have exorbita</em><em>nt expectations [for the formals] . . . the demand is usually pretty simple and straight forward. </em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Good to hear! Yeah, that's kind of the feeling I got from her. Hopefully, that rings true.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>I would keep my eyes open at the site to find an area which will work with minimal setup, and of adequate size [for the formals] . . . I always scope the site ahead of time.</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yup--that's the first area I plan to get nailed down!</p>

<p>William said:</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>We are fortunate to have many talented and experienced people who donate their time here and it is good to acknowledge same.</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yes, my thanks for everyone's contributions in this <em>very</em> long thread on my behalf! Nadine is certainly missed!</p>