This Page Can't Be Displayed error

drjoder

<p>I don't know if you would have any idea why this is happening, but thought I would ask anyway...</p>

<p>This just started happening this week...When I open a specific Forum post on Photo.net, I get this message:</p>

This page can’t be displayed

<ul id="cantDisplayTasks" >

<li id="task1-1">Make sure the web address http://www.facebook.com is correct.</li>

<li id="task1-2">Look for the page with your search engine.</li>

<li id="task1-3">Refresh the page in a few minutes.</li>

</ul>

<p>I am unable to read the post because this message covers most of the page. If I wait, say, a full minute, the page refreshes on its own and shows properly. Here are some curious things:<br>

--Yes, it says "facebook.com" in that message for some reason, even though I am at Photo.net.<br>

--It only happens on this computer (my other computer reads the Forum posts just fine).<br>

--It only happens on the actual Forum posts (initial opening of Photo.net is fine as is opening the "Unified View" of the PNet Forums).<br>

--It only happens on Photo.net (I haven't had it happen on any other website).<br>

--Attempts to refresh the page to get it to load do not work (I have to wait the full minute for it to refresh on its own).<br>

--It happens regardless of whether or not I am actually signed in to the Photo.net website.<br>

--I have enabled the "Enhanced Protection Mode" on the Security list (a web suggestion) but to no avail.<br>

I have a newer, very fast, PC running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer version 10. I have cleaned out the History.<br>

Any ideas? Is there some stupid thing I am overlooking? Thanks! DanJ</p>

• 4 weeks later...