My first experience with Nikon Df and manual focus lenses and the 50mmm AF-D.

chris1664876655

<p>Actually I like the Df for the most part because of its ergonomic. The sensor performance meets my need but I honestly can't say that it's better or worse than the 610 or 800 as I don't own them. I could have bought either one of them for the money but the ergonomic on both of them do not suit my way of using the camera. </p>

<p>I returned to the camera store today to see the Df. Nothing fancy, I just wanted to hold the camera again. I left the kit lens 50mm f1.8 on the body. I held it while I was talking to the guys for about a half hour and that camera never felt heavy. I was the only customer there so we had a good time talking.<br>

The right side does feel a little short, but not uncomfortably so. I like holding it. I know people wanted smaller, but when you hold one it does not feel like a big camera at all.<br>

I asked if they could mount a zoom lens and they thought that was a good idea and got out a 24-70 f2.8. Now, the camera started to feel heavy. It wasn't perfectly balanced, but it was far from unwieldy. I just held the camera at the base of the lens and everything was fine. That lens focused fast. Sorry I did not get a chance to track anything with the autofocus.</p>

<p>Well, I can tell you that I did the same yesterday, went to Calumet to check out the Df, and I had a wait, 1 in front of me, and 2 behind me. I only had 5 minutes with the Df. I could have hung in there longer, but people waiting for me to get out of the way makes me nervous, so it was hard to soak it all up. It's not often a camera gets that kind of attention, but I'll still chalk it up to an unusual moment.</p>