Creative uses for old polaroids?

<p>I came across some old polaroid photos at my work while cleaning out some old files. They are photos of a chain restaurant from about 10 years ago and are just snapshots, no real composition, not really artistic in any way and were taken just for information purposes prior to a renovation. I love the muted colors of polaroids and would like to do something fun with these photos. They aren't worth just putting into a photo album.<br>

I was hoping that the collective photo community might be able to give me some creative ideas for these photos. What could I do with them? Take them apart to make some type of art? Cut them up some how? Folded into a mini wallet? I've not worked with this type of film enough to really know what cool things could be made from these photos. I have seven photos, so not a whole bunch.<br>

If you've got some fun suggestions...I'd love to hear them. Thanks everyone!</p>

<p>Photo collages and assemblies - improbable or otherwise - can be fun. There's also mixed media - incorporating bits of photos into other art projects. Photos of people could be made into standup cutouts for tiny homes, etc. Sometimes it helps to just think like a kid rather than an "artist".</p>

<p>Years ago when I worked for a gummint agency we documented every inspection with P&S film cameras. We had a deal with a nearby minilab for processing and paid the same regardless of whether we shot an entire roll or not. Since we seldom finished an entire roll of film, which had to be dedicated to only one inspection, I'd burn up the rest of the rolls snapping pix of my coworkers.</p>

<p>Later I'd assemble the snaps into collages, some trimmed, others overlapped. Most were mildly amusing at best but not quite up to my Hockneyesque aspirations. One collage, however, seemed to imply there was an awful lot of footsie playing going on under tables - purely fiction, of course, just a coincidence of body postures sequenced together. Wish I still had that one - I think I accidentally threw it out with a box of other old office stuff.</p>

<p>BTW, gird up thy loins and prepare for finger waggling about copyrights, invasion of privacy and casting people in bad light (I always used direct flash so everyone was equally cast in bad light).</p>