Down grading from CS6 Cloud to CS6

<p>If you still have the installation software (DVDs/CDs), you can always re-install it. Adobe has said that they will essentially support CS6 through the next iteration of Windows and Mac operating system. Presumably this means that CS6 would run on Windows 9 (or whatever Microsoft calls it--whenever that comes out) and the next version of Apples OS (not a Mac user, so I don't know what their current version is).</p>

<p>Of course, if ten years from now you want to use CS6 and you still have valid (W/M) operating system software (Windows 7 -9 or equivalent Mac software) and still have your CS6 disks--and a computer that will let you install your OS, you could always keep CS6 functioning. My guess though is that by then, there will be some software that you would be able to purchase and own (as opposed to rent) from Adobe that would essentially replace CS6--that's just my opinion though.</p>

<p>Since the applications are indepedent applications, designated by CS6 and CC, you can run both on the same computer. You don't need to remove the CS6 version. The only application not separately designated is Acrobat Pro XI which is both the CS and CC versions. The only thing I've found is that Adobe hasn't updated the CS6 applications and some CC applications for OS-X Mavericks. They still work but some has issues with it.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Can I go back to my current version of CS6?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yes but (important but) IF you use unique proprietary processing only found in CC, going back with that document will be difficult until you flatten that layer. Some newer functionality will work going back, but be careful about some functionality and keep in mind new functionality built into ACR that is CC specific isn't supported in CS6. Same version (at this time) but CC users have access to newer functionality not found in the version that runs in CS6.</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Below is a link to a page from pro friend of mine's website where he details reverting from CC6 back to CS6 as being non-trivial. Click on the link and scroll down to "How to Cancel Creative Cloud and have your paid copy of Photoshop CS6 still work". He's a Mac consultant, so his remarks are about his experience at doing this on a Mac.<br>

http://www.tracyvalleau.com/blog/</p>

<p>Something to keep in mind is that the longer one uses CC the wider the gap in capabilities between CS and CC will be. So, reverting back after extended us of CC might be more painful WRT losing the editing the capabilities offered by CC and not offered by CS, as mentioned by Andrew above. </p>