Fujifilm X-pro 1 film emulation and software

ruslan

<p>Does the software which is in the pack (silkypix) allow to apply film simulations alike the camera does on its own?<br />That is I shoot in raw, later I choose and apply the effect - processing the raw file. <br />Can this be done? <br />Can the picture be fine-tuned after applying the effect - contrast, hi-ligh recovery, saturation? </p>

<p>I scanned the Silkypix digital manual supplied with my copy of the software and found no reference to film simulation. Neither could I find the answer in the X-Pro 1's manual. However, in Rico Pfirstinger's book, <em>Mastering the Fujifilm X-Pro 1</em>, pub. by Rocky Nook Inc, on page 220 he state any film simulation can be added to a saved RAW file using the X-Pro 1's internal raw converter.</p>

<p>I suggest you ask you question again here: <a href="http://www.fujixseries.com/">http://www.fujixseries.com/</a></p>

<p> </p>

<p>Ruslan, Sorry to hear you are not happy w/X-Pro 1. I shot Canon for many years, even turned pro after retiring and shot weddings for three years, and I still have that kit. I recently purchased the X-Pro 1 to give me a lighter kit for travel. I made two trips with it this summer, one to CO and one to AK. The X Pro 1 preformed great and my images are outstanding. Only problems were mine because I had not learned all the workings of the camera.</p>

<p>I don't know what you were expecting from the X Pro 1 but you say not being able to add film simulation to a RAW file is a "minus". What other camera systerm offers you the ability to add film simulations to your RAW files? Better yet, what other camera offers you ability to add film simulations at all?</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>Yesterday I tried this: I took an ordinary jpeg and tried to change it playing with <strong>contrast, WB and saturation</strong>. Velvia simulation has a cooler tint and very saturated. But I could not get a copy of Velvia look. Still the lenses, esp. the top-notch 35/1.4 tempt me. </p>