Monday in Nature Weekly Photo Oct. 28, 2013

Laura Weishaupt

<p>Good Evening. Another beautiful start to the week. Welcome to first time posters Christopher Thompson and Jack Burgess, and Jim Palmer. Jack's dark snowy shot looks like a vision of weather yet to come.<br /> Geoff that Kookaburra is a really pretty bird.<br /> Paul, I lived in Southern CA for quite some time. I recall many El Nino related bouts of storminess resulting in major flooding.<br /> Bing, it's nice to see the western variety of Dogwood. Those colors look springlike.<br /> Gordon B, the artful salamander is beautiful.<br /> Pieter, she looks like a careful mom.<br /> It's always good to see fungi well represented.<br /> Beautiful shots, everyone.</p>

<p>Moose and the Teton Range, West side. The moose was next to a golf course near Driggs, Idaho, where I was playing golf a couple of days ago. I took the photo with my Pentax WG-3 camera, which I kept handy in my golf bag. (I seem to see more wildlife when carrying my point-and-shoot camera than when I am looking for wildlife with my DSLR and 400mm lens.)</p><div>00c6s2-543289384.jpg.8b385ec92364de055c3c431d9d7f160c.jpg</div>