Posting Series for Critique

<p>Luca,</p>

<p>Not sure exactly what you're asking, but do you know about presentations? There's a presentation capability in your workspace and then people can comment on the series. I haven't used it so not sure how it works, but I've looked at quite a few of them.</p>

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

<p>Yes, Luca. I agree. One thing I've noticed is that the Street and Doc folks use their forum for all kinds of things, and often someone will post a link to a series they've done and folks will comment on it in the forum. There is a Portraits forum, Mark, but it seems way under-used, more for technical questions (lighting, etc.) than for people to actually discuss their work from a photographic standpoint. We should probably take more advantage of it and be pro-active about certain of the forums. But, especially since I think series are extremely important, some more emphasis and outlets for them here would be welcome, so Luca's is a good suggestion.</p>
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

<p>I too would like to see an option to submit a multi-photo project for critique, through the familiar and more publicly visible critique forum process. The presentations are essentially invisible unless we invite members to view and comment on our presentations.</p>

<p>In my opinion the documentary genre for critiques and ratings should be confined to multi-photo projects. It makes little sense to submit single photos, lacking any context, to the existing documentary genre - and very few of the single photos submitted to that category for critiques and ratings are part of any coherent body of work or theme. Most are just isolated snapshots that should have been submitted to another category.</p>

<p>An option to critique coherent themed projects - documentaries, photo essays - would help encourage the development of this genre, both for photographers who are seeking to hone their projects, and for viewers who can develop their own recognition of and appreciation for long form photography.</p>