Shutter Repair

Two23

<p>Looks like my IIIf needs a new shutter curtain. The old one was leaking light. When I looked at it in the cocked position, I could see 3 or 4 large vertical cracks. The holes could probably be patched short term, but long term I think this shutter has had it. So, what are some places with a reasonable turn around time that can do this? Also want the rangefinder cleaned.</p>

<p>Note bright spots right of center, and against left frame.</p>

<p>Kent in SD</p><div>00buj0-541926284.jpg.e2b1d8af352c914b9516301207ac1115.jpg</div>

<p>I believe his repair expertise with bodies and lenses (Leica thread and Leica M but not CL or M5) are now full time daytime within the past year or so. The pricing has risen but still reasonable and turn around is still realistic. A 'phone call to him should verify my comments. His contact is (781) 830-9141 wye7@yahoo.com</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Don Goldberg will get your camera out quicker if you ask him to. Several years ago he did a thorough CLA on my IIIF and at the same time replaced the defective piece in the rangefinder to restore the rangefinder performance to 100%....which was dim to non-existant before.</p>

<p>I ended up sending it to YYe Camera--Youxin Ye. He sounded like he knew what he was doing. I also asked for a couple of other things to be checked in addition to replacing the shutter. The camera is basically solid so I went ahead with the repair. Hate to see a nice Leica go to waste!</p>

<p>Kent in SD</p>