Realist 620 projector accessory

eduardo_barriga

<p>Wish I could,</p>

<p>but if you're here in the States, made-for-35mm slide projectors show up for a few bucks in yard sales all the time. Many of them have automatic features and will probably work better than your Realist for 35mm. Check local offer and sales sites for ones in your area, too.</p>

<p>They are also available on auction sites, but are heavy and fragile enough to be difficult and sometimes expensive to ship. I'd guess the shipping would usually cost more than the projector, unless you're getting something collectible like a Leica brand. Buying locally is also good in that you can see if it's actually working before you commit.</p>

<p>Hello, Thanks for your reply. First of all, my intentions is having a projector for both my WideLux and 35mm slides. This is very convenient and I found this projector on EBAY and was shipped first to Miami, to a courier then to me here in Bogotá. Not as expensive as I thought. I had to send it first to Miami because for reasons not quite clear, several Americans loath to ship outside your wonderful country. Something in these times of globalization and Free Trade Agreements, is hard to understand. This is not the case when I order from other countries in Asia, Europe and South America. Everybody on these countries are always willing to ship abroad. <br>

I used to have a Kodak Carousel but it only handles, as you well know, 35mm and the carousels themselves are quite unpractical and cumbersome to handle. The Realist is very nice, simple, convenient and extremely easy to operate. It is also METALLIC!! Not plastic. My collection also includes a TDC Model 116 Stereo projector which handles single 35mm slides but has the disadvantage of using one light bulb more than the other which is not convenient for Realist Stereo slides of which I have 7 cameras (different brands) and over 1000 slides. So I use the TDC only for stereo shows.<br>

As for the adapter for 35mm for the Realist 620, I just wanted to have the original accessory because I like to have all my collectibles in top shape and as original as possible. However, I took apart the projector and found out that it is extremely easy with a little imagination to install an adapter for 35mm slides. <br>

Thank you so much for contacting and keep in touch!!<br>

Regards<br>

EDUARDO</p>

<p>Ah, an <em>enthusiast</em>. Believe me, those of us from the Classic Manual Cameras forum can understand only too well.</p>

<p>The only thing I know is to keep looking on the big international flea market. After a year or so of looking I have sometimes surprised myself by finding odd accessories for even rarer things than your projector.<br /> Keep checking here and you may find somebody who can help. <br /> Then if you have no luck, take some nice pictures of your projector, write up the history of it a little, and then you will not run afoul of the "no double post" rule in posting it on the Classic Manual Camera forum where many of the participants might not see it here. ;)<br /> I don't remember any projector threads, but there's little doubt that they would be welcome to most of us, who also have incidentally picked up more than one projector..... :|<br /> As for</p>

<blockquote>

<p>several Americans loath to ship outside your wonderful country</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I am very sorry to say that some of us have had bad experiences, even in shipping goods to places as non-exotic to us as Canada. Paypal makes it safer to be sure. On goods coming in, I've got stiffed by vendors in Britain more often than in buying from former Soviet Union countries.</p>

<p>Thanks again for your comments. Yes, shipping can sometimes be difficult including within the USA!!! Humankind is the same worldwide!!<br>

Anyway, you are right telling that there is no forum for slide projectors which is a pity. I will take some nice pictures of the projector with my Nikon D3200 and post them in Classic Manual camera to see what happens. <br>

You are also right stating that on Ebay and other sites one can find the most unusual items and sometimes dirt cheap. Case in point: I had in my 3D collection one of the most sought after items. I'm referring to the Olden Camera (Tri-Delta) Prism Stereo attachment sold between 1960 and 1976. I got mine in 1974 but was stolen in 1986!! No internet in those days so I had to wait 27 years to recover the attachment which I did last August for the incredible sum of USD$14.99!!!!!!!!! He is a nice guy and he did ship directly to me here in Bogotá and I recovered the attachment. Two days ago someone posted a Prism Stereo attachment and viewer and he start bid with USD$150.00 and a "buy it now" for USD$590.00!!! I was very lucky indeed!!!<br>

See you!!</p>

<p>Eduardo</p>