problem processing your entry

Doug Obert

<p>I have tried three times to reply (adding a comment under theirs) to a person that critiqued one of my photos, "just like" I've done many times before and I keep getting the message below. I have NO idea what it means or is trying to tell what's wrong. It's a plain, simple typed message.<br>

We had a problem processing your entry:</p>

<ul>

<li>Because of abuse by spammmers, we can't accept submission of any HTML containing any of the following tags: <code>applet area base body button div embed fieldset font form frame frameset head html iframe ilayer input layer link marquee meta object option pre script select span style textarea /applet /area /base /body /button /div /embed /fieldset /font /form /frame /frameset /head /html /iframe /ilayer /input /layer /link /marquee /meta /object /pre /script /span /style</code></li>

</ul>

<p>Try typing your reply in a plain text editor (such as Notepad on Windows machines), and then paste it into the photo.net form.</p>

<p>I got this the other day, and this solved the issue. Not very elegant, but it does usually work. Sometimes if you copy and paste something directly from the page into the reply box, it inadvertently picks up "hidden html" characters that give this error. I say hidden because even why I clicked on the HTML button on the WYSIWYG toolbar to edit my post in html mode, I did *not* see the offending tags. Apparently the code for the filters that block tags or the WYSIWYG form itself is "buggy" since it seems to occasionally see stuff that it should not.</p>