What camera is this? I'm looking for a Graflok back for it...

maurice_bryant2

<p>I'm having a devil of a time. I purchased a graflok back and a lens on a recessed board for my view camera, but the mounting flanges on them are too small for the camera. The flanges on the ground glass back and lensboard that came with the camera are a little under 177mm. The flanges on the recessed board and graflok back that I bought are about 158mm (and fit a Toyo D that I tested in a local store). The brand name of the camera is "Ken Hansen"; I've also seen the camera under the "Tany" label. What camera do I really have, and what other backs would fit it? All responses will receive a hearty handshake, and a pat on the back through the mail.</p><div>00bgCk-539151584.jpg.cd860efeed2690f10778c70dcdf7a16b.jpg</div>

<p>Sent and email to Mr. Shu. So far, the Toyo backs I've come across -- mainly on ebay -- measure around 158mm, the opening on the camera that I have is a little under 174-177mm. I have tried finding a chart of different Toyo models, and looking for different models individually, but I've just been able to find a single lens board that measured about 170mm. I appreciate the information you've uncovered, though.</p>

In function it looks like an update of the Sinar Norma design: base tilts with rise and fall above the tilt axis. The Arca-

Swiss F and FC cameras use the same design. Sinar F cameras have rise/fall under the tilt axis mechanism, Sinar P

series cameras use a different base tilt mechanical design that offsets the tilt axis above the mechanism itself, making it

far easier to determine the best tilt axis for extended depth of field (Schiempflug theorem) in a subject plane at all

aperture settings. Some Linhof monorail cameras use a different mechanical design to achieve the same purpose.

I believe Louis Shu used to work for Ken at his store in the heart of the NYC "Photo District."

You might also check in with Lens & Repro if they are still in business, FotoCare, and if they cant help, Calumet.

Toyo has made a lot of different view camera designs. You probably need something from their higher end monorails. I think that is the "G" series.

Are you meauring the open area or the full width of the standard? What is the length of the edge of the bellows frame?

Where or how did you find the camera?

<p>Let's get the photo industry up to date in Manhattan:<br>

"I believe Louis Shu used to work for Ken at his store in the heart of the NYC "Photo District."<br>

You might also check in with Lens & Repro if they are still in business, FotoCare, and if they cant help, Calumet."<br>

Lou managed the large format department at Ken Hansen for many years. He opened Photo Gizzmo after Ken closed his store and Lou has moved Photo Gizzmo out of Manhattan to his home.<br>

Lens & Repro are no longer in business. They were purchased by Calumet last year. Jeffry and Steven Kaye now work for Calumet in NYC as does Jeffry from Lens & Repro. Jeff Kaye is the floor manager there.<br>

FotoCare is across the street from Calumet and has two stores. A retail store and a rental store two doors away from each other.</p>

<p>I got the camera of of eBay a couple of months ago. From visual observation, the bellows appear to be the same measurement as the lens board and back -- 171mm -- haven't measured the with including the standard. Thanks for your responses, everyone. I will be scouring eBay for alternative parts. So far Arca Swiss is the only thing I've seen with 171mm boards, but they might need some filing down. </p>

• 10 months later...