How to update my website

lottie_hope

<p>I had a friend build me a website a few years ago, and in general I'm very happy with the way it works.</p>

<p>www.lottiehope.com</p>

<p>The only thing is, it doesn't resize, and nowadays when people are increasingly working on massive screens, I'd really like it to expand to fill the area when someone clicks full screen. <br>

I'd also like to have 2 sections - 'personal' and 'work' that open out into 4 or 6 galleries of their own, so that I can separate my commercial work from my own. <br>

I think the site was build using some coding, and dreamewaver maybe, and it's uses Slideshow pro/ Director which I love the back-end of, because it holds all the pictures there together and is easy to to add new photos to, or change around which galleries display on the site.<br>

Is anyone famillar with this way of web building, and can you tell me what I need to do to make these changes? <br>

I'm also willing to look at templates elsewhere if you want to suggest something you think might serve me well with these requirements. <br>

Lastly - how easy is it to add a client area from where clients can download the photos I take for them, rather than using wetransfer.com or something, which seems a bit unprofessional? <br>

Thanks very much!<br>

Lottie</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I think the layout is fine, even on a 23" screen. I disagree that folks use big screens; most web traffic is beginning to go to small screens (phones, tablets) so I would suggest that you <strong>not</strong> optimize for a large display.</p>

<p>If you would like to update, many folks use WordPress, or move to a photo-specific site like ZenFolio or SmugMug. They provide templates that make your life easier, although I'm not sure you could actually recreate what you have. That may be limiting.</p>

<p>Adding a private gallery section is a bit tricky. Another vote for existing solutions.</p>

<p>The issue of expanding to full screens means sizing the images to the maximum size you expect for full screen and then resizing them down to fit smaller screens with coding. You don't scale up if you want to keep the quality. That said, it means downloading some large files, many people may not like if they're not using full screen.</p>

<p>Personally I would design for a size you want and keep it, and then leave the browser size to the user. I agree with Gary as I have a large display but keep my browser page size for working space around it, and I lock my Web pages to that size no matter what the user does. It allows me the control of the image size and keep the download reasonable.</p>