135mm lenses - why no love?

<p>Well, on a crop-sensor camera 135mm is very nearly equivalent to 200mm on a full-frame or 35mm camera in terms of field of view (though not depth of field). If a 200mm lens makes sense on a 35mm camera for some uses, then why wouldn't a 200mm equivalent field of view make sense on a crop-sensor camera? While the 70-210 zoom I used for many years of 35mm shooting was a crappy lens, I certainly used the long end quite a bit.</p>

<p>Some former 35mm 135's probably ARE having a new life on cropped sensor cameras. But these days, most people are using zooms. And unlike the bad old days, the zooms are very very good -- maybe still not as good as the best primes, but not so you would notice without a test target.</p>

<p>When I was younger, a lens I could buy cheaply was what I'd use. And these days, almost any mirrorless camera can use almost any lens with an adapter so every old lens out there probably is experiencing a surge of interest. I guess you can take that as a reason to feel good about the old primes, not just the 135.</p>