Identify my nikon! What is this??

petrina_yyuen

<p>

Regardless of that I was extremely excited when my father cleared out his study room and found this gem, an old nikon he bought in his twenties, thats about 20-30 years ago. I have no idea what model it is, what its capable of. <br>

This thread makes me feel old. :-( [lol!] good luck, petrina -- and I hope you decide to put it through its paces -- it probably won't be your 'go to' camera (I wouldn't go back to film -- even it were my only option :-) but I think it will teach you a lot about photography that you will not get from any DSLR today.

The 55mm lens on the FM looks like it is one of the 55mm f3.5 macro lenses. made by Nikon. I have the f2.8 version of it and use the lens on my Nikon digital single lens reflex cameras.

Later on I see a 105mm lens. This could be a macro lens too. We would need tot see more descriptive info to be sure.

Go here for info on older manual focus Nikon Lenses.

NÆRFOTO Bjørn Rørslett

I doubt id the Soligor zoom lens is worth much. Zoom lens technology has advanced light years since that lens was made. I owned Soligor tele zooms at one time when I could not afford Nikon glass.

The 55mm lens on the FM looks like it is one of the 55mm f3.5 macro lenses. made by Nikon. I have the f2.8 version of it and use the lens on my Nikon digital single lens reflex cameras.

Perhaps it's worth mentioning, but we're dealing with a resurrected thread and two different posters :)

The 105mm lens shown by the more recent poster looks to me to be the common-but excellent- Nikkor-S Auto 2.5. The manual focus 105mm Micros(Macros) I'm familiar with are the AI 105mm f/4 and the AI-s 105mm 2.8.

With lenses condition is everything when it comes to value, and I'm sorry to say that at least two of those Nikkor lenses look totally wrecked optically.

The front elements are so badly smeared that they look beyond recovery.

If you're to get any price at all for them they need careful cleaning with lens tissues and alcohol. Not a heavy-handed rub with a piece of cloth.

The smears may or may not come off. I suspect not by the look of it.

With lenses condition is everything when it comes to value, and I'm sorry to say that at least two of those Nikkor lenses look totally wrecked optically.

The front elements are so badly smeared that they look beyond recovery.

I agree on the one at the far right(all I can read is Nikkor-H 3.5-I'm guessing it's a 28mm) but which other one are you seeing with bad smearing? I don't see enough about any of the others to say one way or another, although the zoom looks at least decent to me.

Not arguing on condition-I agree that these lenses look to have been poorly treated-but I'm not seeing the severe haze.

Discussion of the Nikon F probably should have its own thread.

My FM has a black shutter release/lock collar, but that is to match the rest of the camera.

I bought the FM after using my father's black Canon rangefinder for some years, and also to

be different from the cameras some of my friends were buying.

-- glen