Photoshop is driving me crazy

<p>I've been using a Macbook for about a month and I've installed PS11 for pixel editing. I'm using the mousepad as input device and it's driving me crazy. I don't know why but the picture I'm editing keep rotating when I'm working the picture. I know how to rotate the picture but <br>

I just want to know if I'm the only one using the mousepad and having trouble with it. Would it be much easier with a Bamboo tablet? What about a mouse?<br>

Thanks for sharing.</p>

<p>[[i'm using the mousepad as input device and it's driving me crazy]]</p>

<p>Do you mean a trackpad?<br>

<br /> Your solution is probably to disable gestures in Photoshop. I'm not a Mac person, so I'll leave the exact menu options up to someone else. :)</p>

<p>FYI: A mousepad is a piece of material, usually rubber with fabric on top, that goes under your mouse for smoother movements.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>A Wacom (bamboo) is much nicer with tools such as the eraser, the pencil, the magnetic lasso and so on; it also works good as a mouse replacement, though it may take a bit of getting used to. In general, I strongly prefer a mouse connected to a notebook - it's much more precise, easier to use and faster.<br>

I would never use a touchpad for any work where I need a precision pointing device - it's just a necessary evil while on the move :-)</p>

<p>Trackpad works quite well for me, but I'm used to it. It can be precise but nothing beat's a pen IF you are a painter in Photoshop. Otherwise a trackball might fit the bill (Kensington is what I've used for years). Everything takes getting used to! </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<blockquote>

<p>I just want to know if I'm the only one using the mousepad and having trouble with it. Would it be much easier with a Bamboo tablet? What about a mouse?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The gesture-enabled trackpad of the recent Mac laptops, and the Magic Trackpad can be somewhat challenging to use. Probably what is happening is that a stray finger is resting on, or coming very near to the trackpad surface. It's very easy for this to happen. I do it often, and it drives me nuts, but I'm trying to make it work.</p>

<p>It takes some amount of self-training to remember to keep any "unneeded" fingers or other parts of your hand off the trackpad surface, but it can be done. Alternately, you can turn off certain gestures in the Trackpad pane of System Preferences.</p>

<p>I would think that a mouse or a pen-based tablet would be much better for really precise work, though.</p>

<p>I would check your track pad preferences and turn off certain gestures. I do not have a track pad, I use a Wacom tablet. However, the Wacom tablet can act like a track pad if you wish, but I was constantly brushing the surface with a stray finger so I disabled some features in Preferences. You should be able to do the same with the track pad I would think.<br>

If you use brushes frequently in Photoshop, nothing beats a good tablet. I love my Wacom.</p>