90mm f/2.8 focusing question

rgans

<p>Without testing it first I packed my 90mm lens and went on a small trip. I haven't used it in many years, so forgot that you have to set it to manual (I think) to see how the image will compose. But the bigger issue is that distance objects are not in focus, even when set to infinity. Is this normal for the 90mm? Again, it's many years since I used it. Or, 1) is it in need of repair or 2) am I missing something? Thanks.</p>

<p>RON</p>

<p>depending on which model or brand of 90mm you have: the following issues may solve your problem, it's locked on macro with a switch or sliding lock/ it has a macro adapter screwed into the front filter thread/ or it has a 1/1 extension tube on the back of the lens. If it's a rangefinder lens or a medium format lens, I have no answer for the problem. The 90mm f2.8 lens I reference is a macro for 35mm or DSLR reflex camera such as Tamron, one model goes to 1/1 without extension tube the other needs extension tube for 1/1! Hope this helps.</p>

<p>Paul, whenever it appears that the O.P. has not given enough info to identify the item in question, check the forum path displayed just above the social media icons at the top of the page. That tells us that we're in the <a href="/medium-format-photography-forum/?category=Pentax+67+Lenses">Pentax 67 Lenses</a> section.</p>

<p>I know that Ronald solved the problem himself, but I'm having fun guessing what the problem was. My guess is that there was a short extension tube on the back of the lens?</p>