<p>I have a question about ColorMunki Gamma:</p>

<p>I have a desktop PC and a laptop PC. Both are running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and I calibrate both monitors with ColorMunki every month. It seems to work pretty well on both computers, but I've noticed the desktop has a shortcut to "ColorMunki Gamma" in the Startup folder, but the laptop does not. I've also noticed the program doesn't run on startup sometimes and the desktop monitor calibration is wrong until I manually click on the shortcut. An Internet search said that was a Windows bug that wouldn't be corrected. No such problem on the laptop because that shortcut isn't there.</p>

<p>So, what is ColorMunki Gamma and why do I have it on one machine and not the other? Isn't the whole idea to create a monitor calibration profile the operating system can read? Both machines are doing that just fine.</p>

<p>Many thanks.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>It's the gamma loader that is/was necessary to load the Look Up Table (LUT) in the display profiles for Windows. It's an automatic process by the OS on Mac but Windows, at least in the past needed another utility to load the LUT.</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)