Cleaning oxidized fixer plastic container

This may be addresed somewhere here but specifically I haven't been able to find this;

I have 1 Liter/Quart plastic bottles with graduation lines that have been serving me well the last 5 years. A slightly used working batch of

fixer ( Ilford Rapid Fixer ) was left idle for a few months. Now my plastic container is totally black. The fluid fixer remained clear but a rather

black/ grey substance is now stuck to the cantainer. It is no longer translucent. I guess I could measure out a new batch.

1; Anybody know a way to clean this?

2. If I continue to use it for fixer, are there any downsides?

3. Is this likey permanent?

<p>Wow, what timing--I came here to post a very similar question and found this. Just tonight I went to prepare to put back into use some (brown plastic) chemistry bottles. I'd left (for a <em>looooooong</em> time) some used Ilford Rapid Fixer working solution in one; the fluid was full of crystals, and some were stuck on the bottle and its top. For tonight I just filled the bottle with distilled water to soak. While I wouldn't mind buying another bottle, the nuisance of finding one of the size and type I like makes me wonder whether I can easily enough get this one sufficiently clean that fresh fixer solution mixed in it won't pick up crystals and deposit them onto my film. Any opinions / ideas / suggestions? Thanks!</p>