Problem downloading lens data in DPP/DLO

mark_pierlot

<p>Following photo.net member David Stephens' recommendation, I'm anxious to try DLO. But I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to add lens data in DPP so that I can use it. Although I'm following all of Canon's prescribed steps, I end up with a dead-end error message that says "Make sure the computer is connected to the network." The computer is connected, however, since I'm able to connect to Canon's server to get the lens list in the previous step, wherein the lens I used, the 70-200/4 L IS, is listed in bold type and thus definitely compatible with DLO. (Incidentally, I can't add any other compatible lenses, either.)</p>

<p>I'd really appreciate it if anyone can let me know how to rectify this problem. </p>

Hi Mark, I believe I had this problem in

the past, and the only way to correct it

was upgrading to the newest version of

DPP.

Maybe other members could chime in

with further ideas, but it would help to

know what version of DPP and what

camera you are using.

<p>I hate it when something that should be simple becomes hard. Sorry, but I can't help, but you should probably contact Canon's Support at this point. I'm suspecting that you'll need an uninstall/reinstall.</p>

<p>Earlier this week, my partners' DxO Optics Pro wouldn't Process. Support asked if he had Garmin Express installed and the answer was "yes". We uninstalled Garmin and everything's fine. Imaging software is very complex and will often "fight" with other imaging software.</p>

<p>Good luck. It'll be worth the effort, particularly if you have some wider zooms. The 70-200mm images don't really need much correction, but you'll see it.</p>

I can confirm the most recent DPP was able to update the DLO data base on a Windows 7 PC, there was a hitch at first

where it couldn't connect but was ok a second time.

What operating system are you using?

Get the latest DPP.

Try at different times of the day.

Try disabling antivirus and firewalls.

<p>Thanks for all the advice, guys. I've installed the latest version of DPP, have disabled my firewall and antivirus software, and have tried to download the lens data at different times during the day - all to no avail.</p>

<p>I guess the next course of action is to contact Canon.</p>