"Photographic Eye"

I turn the photographic process on and off. I want to give my complete attention to whatever I'm doing at the moment, whether that's shooting, scouting locations, or something unrelated to photography.

I have tried the "carry your camera everywhere" approach, but those magical, unexpected, must-be-captured moments turned out to

occur less frequently than I thought they would. I do my best work when I select the location, light, and other circumstances and then

immerse myself in that environment. I want to dedicate my full concentration to what I'm shooting.

I find it exhausting and counterproductive to think about snapping photos while running errands or having lunch with a friend. I'll glance

around from time to time and notice situations to explore later with the camera. But I prefer to

leave my gear in the bag (or at home) until I have a chance to shoot without distraction in the light of my choosing.

<blockquote>

<p>I am waiting for my "eye" to show it's self, to be honest. I often see a scene and know that there IS a shot in there. Something tells me a photographer could find it.</p>

</blockquote>

<p> <br>

That's great news, John W! It means that you already have an eye for photographic potential. Experience will help you to refine this sense. Apply it as often as you can. Don't worry when things don't work out as well as you had hoped. It's all part of the leaning curve.</p>