another question about my Canon PowerShot S2 IS please

<p>This model also makes sound movies. I know how to do this and make the appropriate adjustments as to frames per second and resolution, and also for adjusting sound level. There is also an editing capability, allowing one to either (or both) remove frames from the beginning or end or the movie. My question is this:<br /> <br /> Assuming I make three movies, all edited and complete. Can these three files be combined so that one continuous movie will result from only one file? I use library computers so computer software is limited and one cannot download other programs. I have no problem with Adobe being available to view the movies but combining is something that I am not familiar with: would this combining into one continuous movie be on the camera level or the PC level? Perhaps with this particular camera this combination cannot be done. The instruction manual gives no information on this but I ask this because editing (apparently) cannot be done to the movie at other than the beginning or end. In other words, I must delete all frames from the beginning or end and not from any other point in the movie. - David Lyga</p>

<p>You need to use 3rd party tools on a desktop computer. If the library computers have Windows, they may have Windows Movie Maker installed which should allow you to merge multiple video files into a single one. The files would need to be first copied to a flash drive, of course. </p>

<p>If this is something you're going to be doing a lot of, you would be best served by having your own computer and editing software.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>As you have found in-camera editing is very limited and the next stage is to transfer the material, as part of the editing process to another place, computer or recording device. My computer accepts the camera's SD card and works from there but I do have an editing programme, AVS Video Editor, which I find nice and precise to edit with. I believe to organise a single copy of three files I would need to organise them into a folder and then join them as one would join three single shot files [ as from the camera card ] ... it is not something I have done to date. <br>

The problem with video is that if you remove something you leave a 'hole' in the recording which needs to be filled with something and "Dub Editing" where you transfer the bits you want to another recording material is how you go ... unlike older film which one simply joined the ends together. <br>

I write as a film/video editor but today an extreme novice with current non professional equipment I have in retirement. I know what I want to do but mystified as to how to do it much of the time :-)</p>